Amaretto cupcakes bring that strong unique amaretto flavor into a baked treat.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- ¾ stick butter, softened
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ c all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ c buttermilk
- 3 tbs amaretto
- 1 to 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 2 tbs amaretto
- 1 to 2 tbs heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and amaretto, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat half the powdered sugar, butter and amaretto together.
- To reach your desired taste and texture you can chose to add more powdered sugar, cream or amaretto.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.