Apple Blueberry Cupcakes Recipe
These apple blueberry cupcakes are a fruity gluten free delight.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 ½ c gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ stick butter, softened
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ c milk
- ½ c blueberries
- 1 large apple, cored and grated
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ c blueberries, crushed
- 1 to 2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 390°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Alternately add the flour mix and the milk to the butter mix, beginning and ending with the flour. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and grated apple.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the crushed blueberries and mix well.
- Slowly add one cup of powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar, depending on your desired taste and texture.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.