Bellini cupcakes are a fun mix of peach and champagne.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ c champagne
- 2 tbs peach schnapps
- 1 small peach, peeled and diced
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 3 tbs champagne
- 1 tsp peach schnapps
- 1-2 drops of red food coloring, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, then beat in the egg whites one at a time.
- Mix the champagne and schnapps together.
- Gradually add flour mix in 3 additions, alternating with the champagne mix in 2 additions, ending with the flour mixture.
- Gently stir in the peaches. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 22 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until it is pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar in one cup increments, then add the champagne, peach schnapps and food coloring. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.