Black Tea Cupcakes Recipe
Black tea cupcakes with a smooth lemon and honey frosting.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- ½ c hot milk
- 3 black tea bags
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c cake flour
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, chopped and softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, steep the tea bags in the hot milk for at least 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, whisk in the eggs and vanilla until combined and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter one piece at a time and mix until the butter is well incorporated.
- Slowly add the milk mix and gently stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in half of the sugar until combined. Stir in the honey and then beat in the remaining sugar.
- Add the cream, lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk on high for 6 minutes.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.