Blue Hawaii Cupcakes Recipe
Blue Hawaii cupcakes are sure to be a boozy party hit.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ c caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 c self rising flour
- 3 tbs light rum
- 2 tbs blue curacao
- 1 c pineapple, crushed
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbs coconut milk
- 1 tsp blue curacao
- 2 to 3 c powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale in color.
- Beat in the eggs, flour, rum and blue curacao.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple pieces.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 22 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the coconut milk and blue curacao and continue beating.
- Slowly beat in icing sugar, until soft peaks form and you reach the desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.