Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe
Caramel apple cupcakes that bring out the cheeky child within.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 c all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- ½ stick butter
- 3 oz cream
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat on low until just combined.
- Gently fold the apples into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, add the butter, cream and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Boil vigorously for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and beat in 1 cup of the powdered sugar.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and beat in the remaining powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add more cream if the mixture is too thick.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.