Rich cupcakes laced with Chambord are perfect festive season sweets.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ c hot water
- 2 tsp instant coffee powder
- ¼ c Chambord
- 1 c brown sugar
- ⅔ c all purpose flour
- ¼ c self rising flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 9 oz good quality dark chocolate
- ¾ c heavy cream
- 2 tbs Chambord
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine the butter, chocolate, hot water, coffee powder and Chambord in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until chocolate and butter melt and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Sift the combined flours and cocoa over the chocolate mixture and use a balloon whisk to stir until combined.
- Add the egg and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture evenly among the prepared tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, place the chocolate in a heat proof bowl.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until it just begins to boil.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for five minutes.
- Stir together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Allow the ganache to cool for 15 minutes then add the Chambord.
- Pipe the ganache onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.