Champagne Cupcakes Recipe
Bring in the new year with a bang with these delicious cupcakes.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c sour cream
- ½ c champagne
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 c powdered sugar
- 3 to 5 tbs champagne
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together on a high speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, gently combine the sour cream and champagne together.
- Slowly add the flour mix, alternating with the champagne mix, ending with the flour mix. Mix until just combined ensuring you do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and two cups of the powdered sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Add about half of the champagne, and depending on your desired flavor and consistency, either add more powdered sugar or champagne to the frosting.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.