Cherry Lime Cupcakes Recipe
Cherry lime cupcakes that are fresh and sweet.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lime
- ½ c buttermilk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c pitted sweet cherries
- 3 to 4 c powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and continue beating until well combined.
- Add the lime juice and mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and lime zest.
- Add the butter and sugar, then drizzle in the buttermilk. Keep beating until batter is smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 22 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Roughly chop or halve the cherries.
- Add the cherries and the powdered sugar to the butter and beat for 5 to 8 minutes until very fluffy.
- You may choose to add more powdered sugar, depending on your desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.