Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Traditional chocolate cupcakes that are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 1 c boiling water
- 1 ⅓ c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ½ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Add the cocoa powder and boiling water in a bowl and stir until smooth. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and mix only until it is incorporated.
- Add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 16 to 22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar. Mix in the vanilla until incorporated.
- Add the melted chocolate and whip until light and fluffy and all the chocolate is incorporated.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.