Chocolate Mint Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate mint cupcakes that are a much better option than an after dinner mint.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c milk
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp mint extract
- ½ c boiling water
- 2 c powdered sugar
- ½ stick butter, softened
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 2 tbs milk
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla and mint extract to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, in a large bowl cream half the powdered sugar with the butter.
- Beat in the extract, half of the milk and remaining sugar into the mixture.
- Gradually mix the remaining milk into frosting until desired consistency is reached.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.