Coconut cupcakes that transport you to a tropical paradise.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c all purpose flour
- ¾ c coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ c shredded coconut
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ to 1 c powdered sugar
- ¼ c shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture and beat for about a minute for each.
- Add about half of the flour and stir or beat it in gently.
- Shake the coconut milk well and add about half to the mixture. Stir or beat in gently until just combined.
- Add the remaining flour, baking powder and milk ensuring to not over beat the mixture.
- Fold in the coconut gently.
- Pour the mixture evenly among the prepared tins.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese together for about 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- While beating on a low speed, add the powdered sugar and coconut until you reach the desired texture and consistency.
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.