Cosmopolitan Cupcakes Recipe
Cosmopolitan cupcakes for the perfect girls night in.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c self rising flour
- ¼ c Cointreau
- 2 tbs cranberry juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 tbs cranberry juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture and beat for about a minute for each.
- Add about half of the flour and stir or beat it in gently.
- Add the Cointreau, cranberry juice and lime juice and stir or beat in gently until just combined.
- Add the remaining flour, ensuring to not over beat the mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly among the prepared tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale and creamy.
- While beating on a low speed, add about half the powdered sugar, the cranberry juice and the salt. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Continue to add more powdered sugar to achieve the taste and texture you desire.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.