Get into the halloween spirit with these frightful bites.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c milk
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c boiling water
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Any small dark candy for eyes
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the marshmallow fluff and incorporate it into the butter well.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes to resemble ghosts and decorate with candy eyes.