Ginger Berry Cupcakes Recipe
Ginger berry cupcakes are a perfect spicy fruity blend.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ c molasses
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 tbs canned cranberry sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the egg, molasses, sugar, and melted butter until thick.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat for 1 minute after each addition.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add half the powdered sugar and cranberry sauce and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add more powdered sugar, beating well, until you reach your desired taste and texture.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.