Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe
Turn the much loved Christmas treat of gingerbread into a yummy cupcake.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- ½ c canola oil
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c molasses
- 1 egg, room temperature lightly beaten
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c boiling water
- ½ tbs baking soda
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c powdered sugar
- ¼ c whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine oil, sugar, molasses and egg together and mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl.
- Beat the flour mix into the oil mix until combined.
- Add the baking soda to the boiling water and incorporate it into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until the mix is thick.
- Gradually add the cream. Add more powdered sugar and/or cream, depending on your desired taste and texture.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.