Hummingbird Cupcakes Recipe
This classic fruit and nut combination is a proven crowd-pleaser.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- ¼ c crushed pineapple
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 c all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c chopped pecans
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Add the pineapple and the banana in a medium bowl and mash together.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well between additions. Add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and the mashed fruit and mix until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla, beating well, until you reach your desired taste and texture.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.