Maple cupcakes for the ultimate sugar rush.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ c sugar
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 1 ½ c self rising flour
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 to 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Beat the butter on a high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add the sugars and continue beating on a high speed until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture and beat for about a minute for each.
- Add 2 of the 4 tablespoons of maple syrup to the mixture (you can also drizzle some onto the cupcakes once they are baked).
- Slowly add the flour, alternating with the milk, ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined ensuring you do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Brush with the some extra maple syrup if you wish and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale.
- Add in the powdered sugar and maple syrup gradually. Add powdered sugar until the frosting reaches your desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.