Cupcakes full of sweet, nutty nutella.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 ¼ c all purpose flour
- 1 ½ c sugar
- ¾ c cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c whole milk
- ½ c vegetable oil
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ¾ c boiling water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 6 oz Nutella
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tbs vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tbs milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and mix together slowly.
- While still mixing on low, add one egg at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the boiling water to the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and nutella together for about 5 minutes or until thick and fluffy.
- Slowly add 2 cups of the powdered sugar and blend well.
- Add the salt, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of milk. Blend together well.
- To reach your desired taste and texture you can chose to add more powdered sugar or milk.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.