Oreo cupcakes. Need we say more.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- ¾ c sugar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ c cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c buttermilk
- ½ c Oreos, crushed
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tbs milk
- ¼ c Oreos, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, oil and sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for about a minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Slowly add a third of the flour mix, alternating with the buttermilk, ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined ensuring you do not over mix.
- Crush the oreos to the size you would like and gently fold into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy and smooth.
- Incorporate the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk, beating until well incorporated.
- Depending on your desired consistency you may wish to add more sugar or milk.
- Stir in the crushed oreos.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.