Oreo Mint Cupcakes Recipe
Oreo mint cupcakes are a sweet minty treat loved by all.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c cocoa powder
- ½ c vegetable oil
- ¾ c hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 mint oreos
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 to 3 c powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tbs milk
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 3 to 4 tbs finely crushed mint oreos
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Add all the ingredients except the oreos into a large bowl.
- Beat until you obtain a smooth thin batter.
- Add an oreo in the bottom of each paper liner or tin hole.
- Pour the mixture into prepared muffin tin to about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and milk and beat until combined.
- Add extract and desired amount of food coloring and then mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the finely crushed oreos.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.