Peaches and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
Peaches and cream cupcakes with a smooth delicate flavor.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 ¼ c all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c sour cream
- 1 c crushed peaches or peach jam
- 1 c heavy cream
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 14 oz mascarpone cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the butter and vanilla and beat on a low speed until well blended.
- Gently add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add the sour cream and beat until smooth and well blended.
- Mix in the peaches you have chosen to use.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 28 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, whip the cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold the mascarpone into the whipped cream mixture.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.