Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe
Peanut butter cupcakes are a nutty treat sure to please.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ c all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ c milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ c smooth peanut butter
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tbs milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking soda and set aside. Then combine the milk and lemon juice together.
- Stir the flour mix into the batter alternately with the milk mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the peanut butter and butter together until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar.
- Add more powdered sugar and/or milk, depending on your desired taste and texture.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.