Peanut Butter Jelly Cupcakes Recipe
Peanut butter and jelly cupcakes that will make you feel like a kid again.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- ½ tbs baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c milk
- Your favorite jelly or jam
- ½ c smooth peanut butter
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tbs vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbs milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and the vanilla to the butter mixture and beat for about a minute for each.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add a third of the flour mix, alternating with the milk, ending with the flour mix. Mix until just combined ensuring you do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cupcakes are cooled you can pipe the jelly into the center or use an apple corer to take out the center of the cupcake and fill with 1 to 2 teaspoons of jelly.
- To make the frosting, combine the peanut butter, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar along with the milk, and beat until well combined, adding more sugar to reach your desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled, jelly filled cupcakes and decorate as desired.