Pecan Maple Cupcakes Recipe
Pecan maple cupcakes that are moist and sweet.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c cake flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ c pecans, finely chopped
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 to 2 c powdered sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the flour mix to the wet mix and beat to combine. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and half the powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the salt, vanilla and maple syrup and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add more powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.