Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Recipe
Pumpkin pie cupcakes are a lovely sweet treat to warm the cooler seasons.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c canned pumpkin puree
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c vegetable oil
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 c powdered sugar
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the eggs, pumpkin puree, two sugars and vegetable oil.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly among the prepared tins.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese together for about 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- While beating on a low speed, add the powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon until you reach the desired texture and taste.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.