Raspana cupcakes provide a yummy blend of raspberries and bananas.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ c self rising flour
- ⅓ c milk
- 8 oz raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 c powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
- Beat in the vanilla and bananas.
- Gradually add flour in 3 additions, alternating with milk in 2 additions, ending with the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until it is pale and fluffy. Add the salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the lemon juice to the mashed banana and stir well.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, alternating with the banana mix, beating well after each addition until light and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.