Fun and simple cupcakes for your Christmas season.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ⅔ c caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ c self rising flour
- ½ c milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 to 4 c powdered sugar
- ¼ c milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Orange food coloring
- Black icing pen
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl. Beat until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture and beat for about a minute for each.
- Add about half of the flour and stir or beat it in gently.
- Add about half the milk and stir or beat in gently until just combined.
- Repeat with the remaining flour and milk ensuring to not over beat the mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly among the prepared tins.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add 3 cups of the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to the butter and mix until light and fluffy.
- If necessary, add more of the remaining powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Set aside a small amount of icing to color orange for the noses.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and top with the marshmallow snowman head.
- Pipe on the orange noses and using the black icing pen, draw on the other snowman features.