Thanksgiving Pilgrim Cupcakes Recipe
Add some fun to your Thanksgiving table with these sweet treats.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ c caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c self rising flour
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 to 4 c powdered sugar
- ¼ c milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 12 Fudge Stripe Cookies
- 12 Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture and beat for about a minute for each.
- Add about half of the flour and stir or beat it in gently.
- Add about half the milk and stir or beat in gently until just combined.
- Repeat with the remaining flour and milk, adding the extract also, ensuring to not over beat the mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly among the prepared tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add 3 cups of the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to the butter and mix until light and fluffy.
- If necessary, add more of the remaining powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Set aside a small amount of the frosting to color yellow for the buckle decoration.
- Pipe the remaining frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes.
- Construct the pilgrims hat on top by adding a fudge stripe cookie, peanut butter cup and piping the yellow buckle decoration.