Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Cupcakes Recipe
Bake a sweet potato casserole into a cupcake this Thanksgiving.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c cooked and pureed sweet potatoes
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 c candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and two sugars together in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, along with the vanilla extract, to the butter mixture and beat for about a minute for each.
- Add about half of the flour mix and stir or beat it in gently.
- Add about half of the sweet potatoes and stir or beat in gently until just combined.
- Repeat with the remaining flour and sweet potato ensuring to not over beat the mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly among the prepared tins.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the topping, preheat the oven broiler.
- On non-stick baking paper, make 12 small mounds of mini marshmallows.
- Add some candied pecans on top.
- Brown the marshmallows under the broiler for about 20 seconds, or until the tops are a golden brown.
- Once the marshmallow topping has slightly cooled, scoop each mound on top of a cupcake.