White Blueberry Cupcakes Recipe
White blueberry cupcakes are a diabetic friendly sweet treat.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c buttermilk
- ½ c sugar or equivalent sugar substitute
- ¼ c canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c blueberries
- ⅓ c white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tbs fat free milk
- 1 ¼ c frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, take the melted chocolate and stir in the milk. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Gradually fold in the frozen light whipped dessert topping.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.