White Russian Cupcakes Recipe
White Russian cupcakes with a boozy coffee buttercream.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 ¼ c all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ stick unsalted butter
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c milk
- ⅛ c vodka
- ⅛ c + 2 tbs Kalhua
- 1 stick butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tbs Kahlua
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beating on low.
- Once the eggs are incorporated, add vanilla extract, vodka and Kahlua (leaving the extra 2 tablespoons aside).
- Gradually add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk in 2 additions, ending with the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are still warm, poke holes with a toothpick and brush tops with leftover 2 tablespoons of Kahlua. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale. Add the salt.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined.
- Add Kahlua 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.