Chocolate Stout and Liqueur Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate stout and liqueur cupcakes to satisfy the Irish in us all.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- ¾ c Irish stout (ie Guinness)
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- ⅓ c sour cream
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 tbs Irish cream liqueur (ie Baileys)
- 2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Combine the stout and butter in a medium saucepan and whisk over a medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Slowly whisk in the cocoa powder and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, egg and vanilla extract and lightly whisk until smooth.
- Add this mixture to the saucepan and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the saucepan and mix gently until the color is even.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 22 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale.
- Turn the mixer to a low speed and add the liqueur in a steady speed.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.