Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes Recipe
Lemon raspberry cupcakes bring zest and sweet together in a perfect package.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ c cake flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ c milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Combine the lemon juice, milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Alternately add the flour mix and the milk mix, beginning and ending with the flour. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add the raspberries, vanilla extract, salt and powdered sugar into the bowl.
- Incorporate the ingredients and beat for about 2-3 minutes. Add more powdered sugar should you desire a thicker consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.