Mudslide cupcakes take classic coffee and chocolate flavors to a boozy level.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 large egg
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅛ c all purpose flour
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ c Kahlua coffee liqueur
- ⅓ c Baileys Irish cream liqueur
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 to 4 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 3 tbs Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 3 tbs Baileys Irish cream liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a bowl, whisk egg and sugar until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add melted butter and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir until smooth.
- Pour in the two liqueurs and whisk until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add half of the powdered sugar along with the cocoa powder, liqueurs and vanilla extract.
- Mix well until light and fluffy. Continue to add powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.