Orange cupcakes with a great tangy flavor.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ c self rising flour
- 1 large orange, zest and juice
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 to 3 c powdered sugar
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 to 4 tbs heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat for about a minute for each.
- Slowly add a third of the flour, alternating with the juice and zest, ending with the flour mix. Mix until just combined ensuring you do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Incorporate about half of the powdered sugar. Add the zest, juice and half the cream, beating until well combined.
- Depending on your desired consistency add more sugar or cream.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.