Pina Colada Cupcakes Recipe
Pina colada cupcakes that give you a tropical boozy hit.
serves (12) cook time ( ) preperation ( )
- ¼ c coconut rum (or regular rum)
- ½ c coconut milk
- 3 tbs pineapple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c all purpose flour
- ⅔ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ c shredded coconut
- ⅔ c crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c unsalted butter, softened
- 2 to 3 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbs coconut cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 capacity muffin tin or line the holes with paper cases.
- In a small bowl, combine rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the rum mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Gently fold in the coconut and pineapple.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with the coconut cream. Add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the fully cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.